To do nothing


It would be amazing to do nothing. And by do nothing I mean to do all the things I am passionate about. It would be amazing to create things all the time. To sort through all the worlds belongings and find the unbeautiful ones and make them beautiful. It is my fantasy to have enough time to prepare a garden, write letters, read books, and make.

The question I have it how do most people feel about their jobs? Are people who are happy passionate about them? How do they feel when leave for work or when they have to go to work after a long weekend? How did those who love their job- feel during their first year of work?

So beyond people's experiences, Do people work in the kingdom of God? What do they do? Whta does a career look like when I think our most important vocation is love? I absolutely believe God is present in everything- but are their times and places and careers and situations where we posses a greater capacity to experience that. An extreme example would be when my father died- I believe God was with me, but I could not experience that- yet when Sean and I were first falling in love God was as present as my next breath. I do not think this is God's failure but life's challenge. But more subtely then are their times and situations that we can control (like job, friendship, partners, that kind of thing) that we should move towards because God is present there. Does our experience of God's presence their indicate that it is more right for us?

And ultimatley the question I am asking today is how to I do what I can to make sure that when I am 65 I do not regret what I have spent the time of my life doing?

Comments

Popular Posts