Notes from a Growing Family.

We started a new childcare provider today.  Well...the kids had 2.5 hours with her (and her kids) today.  I went on a walk, went to the library to do some work, and I rushed to the bakery to buy a snack.  It's shocking how quickly 2 hours flies by.

I have been having nightmares about our change in childcare.  It's an anxiety provoking time.  And since 3 of the 7 childcare providers we have had required firing it's hard.  Annie, the person who just finished the contract, was always intended to be short term for us. But she was also really lovely.  Oh Annie we will miss you.

-------

Junia has FINALLY outgrown naps. I am not celebrating (but duh she is almost 7!) It has been nice. We are making a regular practice of her reading to me and doing some reading related activities.  One of the funny things we are doing is she is working on phonics but with words that she can't practice at school- poop, pee, butt, barf, fart...things like that.  Let's be honest, I love potty humor!

-------

Miriam my sweet tender hearted prophetic bad ass little love.
Oh Miriam. Oh Miriam.

------

We are already packing for a trip that we leave for Tuesday night.  Yup. Packing for 5 people is kind of a big deal. It is no wonder people don't go anywhere.

------

Our chickens are doing well.  As of right now the coop seems pretty secure.  I saw some (possibly) rat droppings next to the coop this morning. I am going to set a trap tonight. See if we can get rid of the problem before it turns into a bigger problem(?)

We are also currently out of eggs. It feels very ironic to be out of eggs right now.

------

When will Sean and I not be tired ever again? DOes adulthood just mean being tired?


Comments

Popular Posts