Things that are breaking my heart
- Someone asked me yesterday if I had considered taking a break from ministry to be with my kids more. There was so much judgement. So much not knowing me. It sucked.
- An acquaintance who shares many worlds with me was venting about not knowing anyone who could talk to a group about the intersection of simple living and faith. My heart might have fallen out of my chest and rolled across the floor. It made me feel so unknown.
- My friend Patti is dead.
- Fuck cancer.
- My brother Tim having to go back to Beirut yesterday. My heart aches for him, Annie, Mary and Isaac.
- Craig. Who I have never met but who is newly unemployed and life around it is so complicated.
- This election. People not being heard or known or educated.
- Trying to sort out hope. Trying to plan. Trying to dream.