How we are- day 30 something.

Thomas clearly needs a snack more than just 3 the three spoonfuls of cool whip that he has eaten.  He refuses to eat anything else though.  We will see how much longer he can refrain from hitting someone.  My guess is this blog post will end when I have to go break up a fight.

So how are we doing? How are YOU doing?

The adrenaline is gone.
The sweetness of being with my kids for some long expanses of time has worn off.
The sense of purpose amid the acute tension and anxiety of Covid-19 has settled into an constant hum.
My introverted children's social needs are up.
My desire to go anywhere is rising.

I keep thinking, "there is a reasons that classrooms don't include all ages anymore." There is also a reason that teachers aren't also the cooks, the janitors, the teachers, and the parents.   This sucks.

Is it bad that I am mostly ready to have this baby so my kids can get away from me for a day or two (thank you Mary and Bill!)?

I have been nowhere for 7 weeks except to the doctors and to the park to go on walks.
I am also looking forward to going to the grocery store again.  Seriously, once this baby is a couple of weeks old surely I'll be able to run to aldi all by myself?!

All in all we are doing fine.
But I am tired of the fighting and the attitudes and managing all the tension I feel in myself.
I am tired of feeling like a lousy parent every night and then waking up and trying again.
I am tired of the kids eating my cereal and tired of legos being everywhere.

But, to be fair, we are deeply fine.
The surface is choppy, the depths are just fine.

Comments

Popular Posts