It's still Lent. I need a nap.




I am in no way cheerful right now.

I am so tired.  I feel like I am walking through my life half asleep. 

But I am too caffeinated to actually nap

And to resentful of not being able to nap when I want to not drink coffee.

I keep looking for jobs.  Constantly surveying the field, but it's hard to survey the field in my world. I am not the "right kind" of anything for any sort of employer.

I am not sure if what I want is a job or a fantasy.


But here are the bright spots.

The baby makes me feel like a celebrity when I walk in the room to pick her up from her nap. She claps, kicks, laughs, and generally seems to think I am the shit.

Someone sent me flowers.  Just because.  And they are lovely. So so lovely.

And Sean bought laundry detergent this weekend that is scented and smells great. Even though it is the "expensive" laundry detergent that we never purchase and use much faster than the unscented Costco stuff. It's nice to put on 1 of the 3 sweatshirts I wear and enjoy the smell.

And today, I found out that some of the writing I thought was due March 5- I already did and turned in during December. So that's a bonus.




Comments

Popular Posts