On being silly.

Silly wig.


When one child is incredibly mopey about going to school and it turns into (consensual) tickling.

It's just me trying to avoid a fight.


And when a came of hearts is devolving into boredom and distraction I start being silly with them- it's mostly because I'm trying not to be overtly angry.


So many of the times I am silly with my kids

or silly with my spouse - like genuine goofing off sort of silly joy- it's because I am kind of annoyed.

And I think so are they.


And all this make me realize that in some of the folks I cannot be silly with, it is because they aren't willing to let themselves admit irritation, or share complicated emotions.

...

and it reminds me that the spectrum of emotions open each other up.  That as much as I resist my anger or irritation there are other sides that foster connection and well...silliness.






Comments

Popular Posts