Christmas time is here.

I am so glad that this school district (Washington Township schools in Indianapolis) decided to let the kids have school until December 21 and give them this week (January 1-7) off.  I am being serious.

We had a wonderful, quiet, Christmas with our little nuclear family.  Present opening, fritata and waffles, then cheese and fruit for lunch followed by a dinner of homemade pasta.  Perfect!

Since then it has been a busy and socializing filled time.  We had "Cousin" Christmas. Which ended up being pretty fun but since one of the days our furnace decided to stop working it was harder than anticipated.  We ended up staying in a hotel and the whole thing was a bit chaotic.

Then the O'Mahoney's came. We did Christmas again and hung out.

Then on a whim we decided to go to my Mom's house for "Doll Cousin New Years."  Several times in the past decade the neicews and aunts/uncles have gotten together on New Years Eve and I always missed being able to attend.  So rather than regret not going we went for it!

Alas, on the ride back I started to get sick. And sicker. And sick sick sick.  By the time we arrived home I had the chills, the shakes, and needed to rest.  I went to bed last night at 8:00pm.  I'm still sick today but laying low and doing some half-assed parenting.  Thankfully, the kids went to bed at 7:15 last night and woke up around 8 this morning. Also, they are doing so great not having anyone in their space that they are getting along really well today!

So this week, also still Christmas season, is feeling like such a precious quieting of life.  I am so grateful for this time at home with the kids and also that so much of the world is "back to ordinary..." while we are still celebrating simply!

The kids and I are spending some time this week decorating for Epiphany.  Next weekend we are gonna have a little party for ourselves with stars and treasures.  We are hoping to think, this next year, about the places we see the light and places we can be the light. . .

All in all, it has been a rich and good season so far.

Comments

  1. For the past few years I have adopted a motto for the upcoming year. I started with " Don't believe half the things you tell yourself," next for 2 years was "It's more important to be kind than to be right." Then a very long quote from an advent study group book about people who I spent time with me being encouraged, etc. This year I am going to look for the light or be the light!! Thank you DollOMahoneys.

    ps We are really looking forward to traveling with your mom again and to watching her enjoy nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from your illness, it sounds like a lovely O'Doll holiday season.

    I'm glad you were able to see family in the ways you missed while living out here.

    Loves,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, have you heard the term nibling? It's the inclusive term for the binary niece/nephew.

    -K

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts