Muffins are ready.

Having just measured out all of the dry ingredients for a buttermilk/orange/cranberry muffins in the morning, you might imagine that I am feeling good about myself.

But parenting has a way of pulling out all of your emotional leg hairs one by one so that by the time the children are in bed you are a devastated person.  I feel like a devastated person: not deeply so, not like I have when I've struck my children, or like I have when things are really truly bad with them.  I just feel like this afternoon every time I asked them to do anything they looked at me as though I had just demanded they carry a 50lb bag of rocks.

I am out of patience right now.
Emotionally exhausted.
Weary.

Oh that's the word.
I am weary of parenting for the day.

Thankfully, this isn't the type of weariness that hangs over day after day- that too is thing no doubt about that.  But this is just the kind from having a cloudy rainy day where we were cooped up, our schedule didn't serve us as well as we all would have liked and we all needed some space.

How are you all doing?

Comments

  1. Trying to pace my fears so they don't all land on my head at once, trying to hold gratitude for the good in life and in others despite the monsters in DC, hoping for the common good to prevail over the cruelties of capitalism. Also checking out each day with netflix and books and trying a new recipe here and there. (Made some amazing mac and cheese that I wish I could share with you all.)

    -K

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts