My sewing lessons have paid off. I made a dress for Junia that probably won't fit her for another year but thankfully dresses wait patiently. I made myself a dress with a skirt that's so tight it's indecent- but I think repairable- and a sunbonnet.
Both of the dresses were from patterns but the sunbonnet I just whipped up today. I had a red sunbonnet of this same style that my mom gave me to have Junia wear. I had worn it as a child. Anyway, I love this little bonnet and thought I might be able to put together something similar. After weeks of pondering and and hour of work here is a very cute sunbonnet...sadly I have a baby that hates wearing hats. I think I am going to make a couple of these and see if I can sell any on my etsy account.
Anyway, I think my sewing skills are on the way! Thanks Jami for buying them for me! Thanks Nicolette for enduring my impatience!