Parenting sucks and is divine.

I'm the first person I know to gripe about this parenthood stuff. I have a list of complaints ready at any moment.  Oh, yes, I try to make them funny or ridiculous but I am all about the negative.  I am one of those people that takes comfort in the worst case scenario...because the chances of that happening are slim...

But in the midst of being at home with my little women...
Being overwhelmed by our messes...
Being frustrated at the people I love because exhaustion makes me overly angry...

I have been embracing graditude.
I have been taking tremendous comfort in the phrase, "I am so fortunate."
Healthy family, a loving partnership, food, toys, hobbies, wonders and so much more.

I am so fortunate.

In the same vein of thought, someone mentioned to me that this is access to the divine.
At that moment I had no room to ponder that let alone appreciate that.
Though as the thought has dropped deeply into me I find it coming up at odd times.

Yesterday Miriam was screaming, I was wearing her and sitting on a yoga ball...

...I heard, "this is part of the divine."

Today, Junia is pooping and demanding that I don't leave her alone in the bathroom...

...I closed my eyes and prayed, "this is part of the divine"

These trying moments are showing me the face of God. 

Comments

Popular Posts