Prayer for the Church 3: Lead me not into

I'm writing and praying a prayer a day for the next 9 days (a novena) as a response to the sexual abuse crisis, homophobia crisis, sexuality crisis, gender crisis, misogyny crisis, and honesty crisis in the Catholic church- particularly as it has been expressed in the Pennsylvania Grand Jury Report. 


Lead me not into the temptation of disconnecting from my own disgust, rage and pain at the grave abuses done to people.

Lead me not into the temptation of forgetting to love from my own disgust, rage and pain.

Lead me not into the temptation of believing that I have all the answers, insight, educations and experience to fix this (if they would only listen to me).

Lead me not into the temptation to not believe in myself as I see the church not believing in me (because I am a sexually active woman eeek!)

Lead me not into easy forgiveness.

Lead me not into centralizing me in this story of the church.

Lead me not into false hope, false trust, false Christianity.

Lead me into hope.
Lead me into faith.
Lead me into love.

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts