Prayer for the Church 5: Weeping God.

Broken backs.
Bruises from being forced
Bleeding anuses and vaginas.
Flashbacks and triggered encounters.
Tears streaming down faces.

You God, become an embodied person
not to be righteous about our pain and messes
but to feel them, and to tell us you felt them.

As I flinch to imagine what priests did to children.
I know that you did too.
I trust that you wept as they wept, a
nd kept weeping as they had to bury feelings and keep secrets in order to survive.
And you, God, kept weeping when it happened again and again and again.

And you wept and cried out in people's consciences
and in their guilt

and you wept and wept.

Because God, I cannot feel the depth of
pain of my siblings
who have been so deeply wounded by priests.
But you can.
And you do.
And you weep for them.



Comments

Popular Posts