Back at the beginning



Long before I ever got pregnant I thought I would be one of those women who enjoyed pregnancy. After all, I am pretty embodied and I never really minded menstruating, appreciated the bodily-ness of womanhood, and am not afraid of disgusting things. Perhaps if we had planned and anticipated this pregnancy I would enter into the experience as more of an mystery and less of a burden. Even as I have gotten more used to the idea of baby, parenthood, and many of the implications, I feel less burdened. But, as a I was saying, I have not experienced this as some grand experience.

This week has been a bad week on the pregnancy front. Really since Saturday I have been feeling pretty nauseous. Going to bed nauseous, waking up nauseous and experiencing waves of nausea several times during the day. In fact Tuesday night and Wednesday I threw up about 10 times. I think it might be a mix of a stomach bug and this baby. What's kind of annoying is that I have a 3 weeks reprieve from this. I thought I had escaped the first trimester nausea. And everyone is telling me, "oh you should be feeling better soon," which was true a week ago- and might be true again tomorrow but is not true today.

So let's be honest, growing people is a mysterious wonderful thing, and it's a pain in the ass too.

Comments

Popular Posts