Danger in pregnancy: Breathing


So my sense of smell is on overload. I am still not eating that much even though I am less nauseous than I was a month ago, but my sense of smell is out of control! I cannot eat anything that takes over an hour to cook- because then I have smelled it for too long so even if it smelled good at first it's over for me.

But here is the worst of it. Poor Sean. For whatever reason I cannot stand his breath. I know that it smells just like it used to. (or at least I know it rationally-because it's similar now just WAY stronger) but I cannot handle it. The poor guy is brushing his teeth like 4 times a day now- and rinsing with various mouth washes and everything- just to get a kiss. Last night he rolled over in the middle of the night and started breathing on me. I woke up from my slumber just to yell at him for breathing! I think I called him horseradish beer breath! (I am so glad he doesn't remember his half sleep moments!)

I feel terrible.
He feels terrible.
But there isn't much we can do about it.

I googled this phenomenon, I guess it's not that uncommon. Some people can't stand the smell of their children when they are pregnant. Others smell things through the walls of their apartments. People working in food service suffer tremendously. So I guess if what I have to deal with is mostly Sean's breath- which he is dutifully trying to work through with me then I'm a pretty lucky person.

But damn this pregnancy stuff is so funny!!!

Other pregos or former pregger readers- anything you can't (couldn't stand the smell of). Heck anyone else just heard a funny story about said topic?

Comments

  1. I remember things smelling stronger when I was pregnant with Caleb, but nothing specific. Maybe Sean should leave some breath mints by the bed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Julilla I couldn't stand garlic. With MC it was BBQ sauce. Both caused some problems because I had to be around them before we were telling people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't stand to go near the Walmart deli. I refused to shop on that side of the store because it smelled so bad to me when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts