Why I hate Real Simple Magazine

I always take a couple of magazines from my Mom's house when I fly from her place. I picked up 2 copies of Real Simple and once again I am surprised I don't like it.
  • The first and foremost problem with Real Simple magazine is that it lures me in. I pick up a magazine, read through the whole thing and think I am going to find something helpful; that is rarely true.
  • To me, real simple implies real cheap. But that is not true with the magazine. A $200 hose holder for your garden better water and fertilize the garden too for that amount of money.
  • They have this section "new uses for old things"- as a creative beast in my own right- they simply are not that creative- I could do it.
  • The magazine doesn't really invite people to be present to the simple things in life like a walk, embracing your senses, sitting with your loved ones. It claims to this terribly American idea of "purchase something and it will make you happy.

Comments

  1. 要求適合自己的愛情方式,是會得到更多,還是會錯過一個真正愛你的人。..................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read the nap story, though? That was nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm realizing that I read this wrong. The napping article is in the current issue of Real Simple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts