The Creation by Tissot



I often wonder what kind of person I would have become had I grown up in an environment where creativity was celebrated or art uplifted. I just don't think that my practical Midwestern family knew what to do with art. In fact a lot of the time I don't either; I do think I get my creativity from my Dad. At least, it seems like his need to fix things, and make things, and think about improving things is somehow connected with my similar needs.


So even though I didn't grow up going to art museums there are times that a piece of art strikes me. One such poster/print is on our bedroom wall. Today, I saw this while researching various creation myths. It is called "creation" by, I guess, a famous artist from the late 1800's early 1900's. I am so stunned by it. I think it is BEAUTIFUL! Let's be honest it's striking as kind of sexual as well- even if it wasn't intended to inspire my feminist- it sure does. It's amazing!

Comments

Popular Posts