I'm a disaster after 4.




I have a problem- I completely lack motivation after 4:00pm.

Today, I am hoping to go home as soon as I can after work, walk the dog and then start on dinner. hopefully, when Sean gets home around 6 or so we have have a super cozy night with early dinner, movie watching, snuggling, and sleep. It sounds like my perfect Friday night. But, if history is any predictor of the likely hood then I will go home, make a coffee or hot cocoa putz around for an hour watching TV, flipping through books or surfing the internet and then Sean will come home and I will not have walked the dog, will not have started dinner etc. So I'll finally (after much negotiating with my exhaustion) I'll get up and walk the dog (and feel really good about it) while Sean cooks dinner.

I gotta find a way to get out of this pattern. Perhaps once days start getting lighter and 4:30pm and 10:30pm don't look the same I will find more inspiration. Anyone else have these struggles? Did anyone figure a great way to get energy near, but not at, the end of the day.

Comments

  1. I blame it on the light. I can't get anything done after dark, which is a problem, since finals happen during the shortest days of the year. I have no solution, except to try to be extra productive before dark. Not helpful for walking the dog or making dinner, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about the afternoon nap. Can you set up a cot in your office?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts