A bit of a scare

So last night I came home from work and felt totally pooped. I laid down. An hour or so later I woke up and was feeling some serious tightening across my abdomen and back. So much so that it was painful. This happened two or three times and I decided to get in the bathtub just to be lighter and more comfortable. Two more times, and Sean was home. A bit later things had simmered down. We decided it was weird enough, and uncomfortable enough to call the midwife.

She wasn't alarmed but told us to give her a call before we went to bed. We did, she told me to come in at 9:00am this morning. She checked out my cervix which is apparently soft, short, and has a slight opening. All of which are bad signs for 6 months pregnant. She did another test and told me to go home and lay down. Hours later she called back and said the test was negative. Phew. Meaning, I am HIGHLY unlikly to go into labor in the next 2 weeks. She said near the end of 2 weeks we'll go get another ultra-sound of my cervix to compare from the last one.

The baby is fine. Moving around doing whatever it is a fetus does all day. And I am presumably fine also. Phew again.

It was more than a bit scary. I'm getting more and more attached to this little person. And I really don't want to meet up 16 weeks early- for EVERYONE"S sake! So after tears (I had made it through yesterday without tears for the first day in a week) I think we are back on safe ground. And perhaps we never left.

Comments

  1. Woah! I am sending "stay in there" vibes to you and the peanut. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did we have too much laughing at lunch yesterday? I'll try to keep things a little calmer (you know how exciting "sleep studies" can be!!). Rest, relax and let me know how I can help you! P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you all are well. That little girl is just excited to start living life! Hang tight, little turtle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts