Checklists


When I was planning a wedding (refer to last years posts!) there were all these books, magazines, and just random wedding stuff that had checklists. Everything seemed to have a deadline, everything needed organized, everything was meant to be controlled. In fact, that was what drove me nuts! Everytime we did something wedding related everyone gave us a new list of things to buy, things to register for, things to do blah blah blah blah blah.


Now I know that baby circles are also prone to the consumerism. It would only take a little bit of googling to gather ideas for crap to buy. But, I confess I desire a list of things we should be taking care of. At the midwife last time, she asked us if we had signed up for a birth class. . .

I didn't even know we were supposed to. I certainly hadn't begun to research Lamaze vs. Bradley vs. hypnobirth etc. etc. etc. And of course we hadn't budgeted for a class like this. We thought we were being ahead of the curb by planning on taking a relationship class in preparation for parenthood. But their are all kinds of classes: safety classes, first aid classes, baby-raising classes, relationship classes, birth classes etc.

I guess all in all I wish I could find a checklist, from a source that I trusted and had values I respected, on what the heck we are supposed to be doing.

Comments

Popular Posts