Don't reduce me to a bird.

This week I had off (one benefit of being in a Catholic educational environment). After a WONDERFUL trip to Austin to be with family I came home rearing to get busy. We finally celebrated Sean's birthday with a kind of elaborate meal and a yummy birthday cake, started sewing some little birdies for a mobile, cleaned, did laundry, painted a dresser (3 coats of 2 different shades of orange), mowed, pulled some weeds in the garden, painted the basement, took a load of things to goodwill, cooked another meal or two and just was busy busy busy with wonderful things and brimming with creativity (topped off my sore hips from standing for these days).

When does nesting start? I thought it started like days (or hours) before you have the baby. Maybe that's because my sister and I cleaned out her basement the day before she went into labor. But can it start at 23 weeks? I'm halfway their right. . .does that mean my sudden activity is nesting.

But wait, if I weren't pregnant what would I call this behavior. Spring fever? Or would I be blogging about how a week of freedom from a 7-4 job makes me my best self and then I would be reflecting on where my vocation might be. . .

So I guess this is to say I've had a great spirit filled week doing things, and doing creative things. Perhaps some of this is nesting or maybe it's spring fever. But it doesn't matter. I won't be reduced to pregnancy- by labeling a behavior as solely from that. But I won't say it's not around.

By the way, pictures of the dresser, basement and others will be up soon. I've had some requests to see pictures of our life here. . . So hopefully soon!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts