Final Mass of the year- check.

So this year I have been responsible for each mass at the high school. With 550 teenagers as they assembly of God they have been less than prayerful and peaceful for me- in fact, mass might be called ritualized crowd control. August through June and finally the June one is over! And I don't have to plan another freakin' mass until September (probably)

One of the things that I LOVE about liturgy and everyone else seems to be so afraid of is when things go wrong. But I think God has a sense of humor- and if we can't give him that, at least God is bigger than our piddly little masses. So anyway, during mass today the crowd was being incensed and the entire incensor broke apart- leaving a hot coal, incense, and ash all over the gym floor. Every former altar boy responded- putting the remnants on their programs and rushing outside to deposit the mess on the sidewalk.

Frankly, it was a classic liturgy moment of my favorite sort.

Comments

  1. I had a "classic liturgy moment" when, during a wedding I was attending, the bride and groom went to light the unity candle, and the bride lit her whole veil on fire!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally unrelated:

    this bird mobile is on Martha Stewart today! I thought of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts