Finally. . .


There is a collegue at work who happens to also be a pediatrician. She came in early this week and said, "What do you think abut having the baby with you when you come back to work. I think you have a great set up for it in terms of office space, and have a job that could be very conducive to have a baby that mostly just sleeps and suckles." I said I thought that it was great. But I didn't know if people, let alone the administrators, would go for it. She asked if she could speak to the president of the school on my behalf. I gave her the green light.

Today, after speaking with the school president, she came in and said that he is on board with it. I thanked her. Wow. Someone who advocated for me. As she was walking out of my office I stopped her and said as tears welled up, "I have struggled to feel supported as a pregnant woman. I have felt that lots of people give advice but few truly support me. (crying now) So thank you for really advocating for me and for this baby."

And that's what I mean. Finally a woman supporting another woman. Because she can and should.

Comments

  1. Woo hoo! That is such an amazing story. I am thrilled that you and "faith" are getting the support that you need, and so hopeful about this setup at work. Sounds like the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel! This is wonderful! How relieved you must feel on so many levels. It is fantastic that, not only did someone advocate for you like this, but that your work got on board. I am so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome. I'm glad someone who can advocate for you has--and I hope that this arrangement will work out well for you and "faith."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts