My Prophetic Voice



As some of these posts have slowly (but surely) been indicating there are topics that piss me off about this parenthood and pregnancy stuff.

And so I find rising within me my prophetic voice. This is the nice name for my pissed off righteously angry voice when people are telling me how it should be. When people are self assured that we need to purchase this thing, when they cannot listen without offering advice (I solicit advice only from my inner circle) or when they are assured that we don't know what we are getting ourselves into etc. . .(to that I say, "Well duh dumbass of course we don't know what we are getting ourselves into. Who does?")

But the gossip chain at my place of employment tells me that someone around said exactly this. Whether those were the words spoken or the intention behind them I believe it because I have encountered it in small ways already. This leaves me first of all hurt. . . but more importantly and more prophetically pissed off.


So on the positive note this means that I am getting more and more confident about my (and our) ability to handle this parenthood stuff and more and more (personally) assured that we can do this and find ways to match our values with it.


As I continue to grow as a woman, offer support to other women and girls. . . It is becoming more and more clear to me that part of my need and desire is to offer non-judgemental support to women.


Grrr. Grrr. Grrr. This just doesn't go away for me does it.

Comments

Popular Posts