Complaining about the weather

People complaining about the weather is my pet peeve. It has driven me crazy in a couple different locations but it first started in Ireland. People were always complaining about the weather. Except that the weather varied VERY little from day to day. What new thing did they have to complain about anyway.

So thus began what would become a super annoying but ever present reality. People everywhere complain about the weather. Seattlelites are no exception. Though they live in a fairly moderate climate where summers are warm but not roasting, winters are cold but not freezing and (believe it or not) we get less rain than Boston (more rainy days less rain total).

Today's high is supposed to be around 86. 86 is hot for Seattle and with the dry heat and the sun I'll admit that it's hot. But it is NOTHING like the humid oppression of the midwest or south. Even the humidity that sometimes takes over New England doesn't really happen here.

Anyway, why am I blogging about this?

I have encountered a whole new phenomenon. Being pregnant, people are suddenly complaining about the weather for me! People are constantly sharing with me, "oh it must be so hard to be pregnant when it's SO HOT and miserable here." What? Are you kidding me? I'd rather be pregnant in Seattle in July and August than almost anywhere else. Sure my ankles are swollen but aren't everyone's swollen the 9th month? People are telling me how unfortunate it is that I wasn't due in the winter. Because then I would have to be dealing with the stifling heat. People are just generally giving me sympathy that is directly related to one of my biggest pet peeves.

Anyway, not to complain about the weather. Because I am not- but it will probably be warm enough for swimming in Seward park and going picnic tonight! I bought a roasted chicken and I think I'm going to make some potato salad.

-

Comments

  1. Ditto. I HATE people complaining about the weather. 86 degrees and sunny in marvelous, crazies! Get out of the AC and read a book under a tree, or take a nap or something! Then, when it's 45 and rainy, they'll complain about how cold it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts