Before Jesus was His Mother

Oh how  I am enjoying this monthly womens/Mamas faith sharing group that I am a part of. We met last night and did some sharing, reflecting and praying on Mary.  I thought I would share one of our readings. 

Before Jesus
was his mother.

Before supper
in the upper room,
breakfast in the barn.

Before the Passover Feast,
a feeding trough.
And here, the altar
of Earth, fair linens
of hay and seed.


Before his cry,
her cry.
Before his sweat
of blood,
her bleeding
and tears.
Before his offering,
hers.

Before the breaking
of bread and death,
the breaking of her
body in birth.

Before the offering
of the cup,
the offering of her
breast.

Before his blood,
her blood.
And by her body and blood
alone, his body and blood
and whole human being.


The wise ones knelt
to hear the woman’s word
in wonder.
Holding up her sacred child,
her God in the form of a babe,
she said: “Receive and let
your hearts be healed
and your lives be filled
with love, for
This is my body,
This is my blood.”



Alla Renée Bozarth
From Life Prayers

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for posting my poem, "Before Jesus." This poem is in my books, "Accidental Wisdom" and "This is My Body: Praying for Earth, Prayers from the Heart," and can be found on several entries of my blog. To visit soul-filling images, poems, prayers, tributes and stories, and to find more poems in the same spirit of "Before Jesus" such as "Bakerwoman God," "Holy Nativity," "The Annunciation" and countless more, please do visit and be blessed in the meeting~

    http://allabozarthwordsandimages.blogspot.com/

    To view the Interview, Books and Reviews page, see

    http://allabozarthwordsandimages.blogspot.com/2011/11/alla-interview-books-and-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts