Scone Recipe

I'm trying to save myself a phone call. Or rather, I'm trying to save myself an unanswered phone call!

I love this recipe for scones and it comes from some of my dearest friends in the universe Bette&Alan.  The thing is when I want to make them I can NEVER find the paper recipe. I know exactly what it looks like (3x5 card, red underlines, grease stains, Bette's gentle script) but who knows where it is.

Today (while packing) I found the recipe- haphazardly written down last time I called for the recipe- and want to get it documented here so that it is saved in the universe....

3 C Flour
1-2 TBS sugar (depending on what kind of scones you are making)
4 tsp baking powder
1tsp salt
stick of butter
1 egg
1 cup of milk

400 degrees
Cook for about 16 minutes (16 seems pretty precise for the word about??)


Mix ups- Blueberry Cornmeal,
Almond Joy  (Almond flavor, coconut, chocolate)
Classic raisin of course
Orange ginger
Pretty much anything else! :)


Comments

Popular Posts