Extraodinary ordinary

I don't want a long wordy post as Junia is sleeping and I am TIRED! BUT, the exciting news is that today she and I went up to the high school I work at and went to the first mass of the school year.

So we accomplished many things. Driving 45 minutes there both of us hungry one of us hungry in a car seat.

We made it in time for her to each, change diaper and change clothing.

She slept in the sling on my front during mass and visiting with people.

She transitioned back into the car seat without waking.

We made it back into the city.

We met Sean where he was having lunch with a friend/collegue and Junia met her.

She ate again and transitioned into the car seat pretty well.

All in all it went better than expected. And for leaving the house at 7:40 and getting back at 1:00 I think we both did pretty well.

It's amazing how these very ordinary behaviors and actions are extraordinary now. It's amazing how if she had been fussy the whole time the trip would have been aweful. It's amazing how people swooning over her makes me like her more.

Comments

  1. Glad to hear that your (first?) big public excursion went well! I know I've been a little AWOL lately, but I have been thinking of you in what I would imagine might be a rather stressful time of trying to work through the shape of your newly-transformed life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts