Stop calling women girls and dressing girls as women.



Does anyone else think of lingerie when they think of lace.

So when I got this "deal" for lacey kids pants in my email from Very Jane I was pretty uncomfortable.





I think my one piece of lingerie is exactly that pink material.

Yuck. I don't want to put my daughter in anything that leads her to be sexualized.
Yuck yuck.

On the other hand lace and children do not have to be separate entities.
This little skirt is adorable without being sexual.



And, btw when I typed "lace girl dress" it only came up with pictures of women. It so grosses me out that people think that women and girls are synonyms.


Which btw- leads me to think about how girls are sexualized. This is a great article. Just click on the previous sentence.

Comments

Popular Posts