Using Mint #2 Mint/Lime Popsicles

Sean and I are fairly good sharers. We often choose foods at restaurants that each of us want to try and then we share plates. I have lots of exceptions to this rule. Sean on the other hand has 1 exception to this rule. Popsicles. All popsicles have this limitation but Paletas (mexican popsicles are his favorite).

When I saw a review of this book I knew I had to get it for him as a special summer treat. After all, he is the man who spent well over an hour driving around LA looking for a particular Paletaria because he heard there was one around.


Paletas aren't hard to make and for that reason this book might have been unnecessary except that the motivation to make our own (wonderful) Popsicles might be worth it.

So here is a recipe for Mint Lime Paletas. The original is just the lime but I love the Mint with it!


2 C water
2/3 Cup sugar
3 (1 inch) strips of lime Zest
3/4 C Lime juice
4 or 5 sprigs of mint
Or really, use as many or as few as you want!

Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over heat until the sugar dissolves. Then add the lime zest and the mint. Let cool. When cooled at lime juice and strain. Then put into popsicle molds (or shot glasses or whatever ya got) and let freeze until (really do I have to say it) frozen.

Enjoy.


Comments

Popular Posts