Labor food Granola

If all things go according to plan (and who knows if they will) and our little person is born at the birth center in our neighborhood there will be several things the midwives want to see from me (and baby) before they send us home. Among these things, they want to see both baby and myself work towards breastfeeding, they want to see me pee, and among other things they want me to eat something.

I am not sure what I am going to want to eat. But when I imagine it, I think I am going to want some yogurt with granola- or perhaps one or the other. So today I made some. The funny thing is that the recipe I use is from my dear friends Bette and Alan. And for whatever reason the recipe seems to never make it into our recipe box. So everytime I want granola I call Bette and Alan and get the recipe again.

So today, when calling Alan he suggested I just post it on my blog so that I can search my old blog posts next time I need to recipe. Or, at least I can ask one of you (my readers)

Bette and Alan's Giant Vat of Yummy Granola

Dry ingredients
9 C oats
3 C Almonds
3 C cashews
2 1/4 C shredded and sweetened coconut
1 1/4 C Dark brown sugar

Wet ingredients
1 1/4 C Maple syrup (the real stuff not the Mrs. Butterworth)
3/4 C Veg oil
1 T salt


Preheat the oven to 250 and then mix the dry and wet ingrediants separately and then together. Put in a shallowish pan and place in the oven. Stir at 45 minutes and then every 15 minutes until the granola has cooked for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Then add the dried fruit of your choice!


The granola is cooking as I speak and mmmmm. It smells so good!

Comments

Popular Posts