Sync

So what makes babies decide to move into position and come out?
What make's Mama's bodies kick into gear and get babies out?
What makes these things sync up together?

First babies are usually 41.1 weeks late. So with that in mind our baby should come on Thursday. After all, every ultrasound that we had our baby was EXACTLY on schedule. She was EXACTLY developmentally on target- not a bit behind or a bit ahead. So maybe that means she is holding on to showing up on the exact day of statistical likelihood. (Though I am sure over time she will prove her exceptional nature- she's just not a competitive fetus.)

Some of the struggle is that I am starting to feel responsible for this baby not coming. People are telling me, do this, do that, take this, eat this etc. And though I suppose that people will be telling me that I am responsible for all things related to the activities of my child for the rest of my life it's really hard to take. Other than the right mix of hormones science isn't really quite sure what makes babies come or not come. It sure seems like the stuff of wives tales

Comments

  1. Hello my friend. Something occurred to me along the way with K... When the kids do something POSITIVE we tend to let THEM take the credit. When they do something NEGATIVE, WE tend to take the "credit". (Case in point -- me taking K's car keys away. I thought: "Didn't I teach her all the right rules??" not "She broke the rules, she gets the consequences...")

    I'm NOT saying "Faith"'s delay is a negative thing at all -- just relaying this thought which goes along with your comment "I am starting to feel responsible for this baby not coming."

    You are doing great!! Hang in there. She will come soon. You are exactly where you need to be right now. Tomorrow, in a few days, next week --- something different. But today you are exactly in the right spot.

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! You're doing everything right! Be glad that she's not decided to come early--she'll probably have less trouble latching and be less fussy than Tristan was (who decided to show up three weeks early and come out sideways--your little "Faith" is smarter than that!)

    Just know I'm thinking about you and praying--all shall be well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, friend! I think this is the beginning of well-meant, but totally unsolicited advice in the world of parenting. When Sean visited us in Providence, we talked a lot about this and why people feel the need to try and solve your "problems" with solutions & stories about themselves. Like I said, most people mean well, but I think it starts to make you feel like you're doing something wrong. Most of the time, it's not about you, it's about them. And, really, it sounds like you and the baby are right on track. It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

    Love and happy thoughts to all of you ~ Kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts