Gene Doll's Pumkin Cake



I freakin' love this cake.  My Mom makes it and I love it!  In college she used to make it right before I went back and give me like half of it. It's cream cheesy and pumpkinny and so good!  And, since the fall is heavily upon us and canned pumpkin is super cheap in the stores right now it is time to share!

  I'm not sure it is the most amazing cake ever, after all there are like a trillion recipes of pumpkin cake/ bread etc online. But anything with cream cheese icing in it is like heaven.  And, interestingly enough there is no butter or oil in the cake.

Gene Doll's Really Yummy Pumpkin Cake

1 C Milk
2 C sugar
2 C Pumpkin (or 1 can)
4 eggs
2 C Sifted Flour (but really- who sifts there flour nowadays!?)
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salk
2 t cinnamon

Mix together and make at 350 for 25-30 minutes

Icing
So the recipe on the card - is  not the one that Gene Doll uses.  So in short- whip up some cream cheese icing and slather it on top. Enjoy!

BTW Mom- if you don't want your photo up I can take it down just let me know.

Comments

  1. Yummmm!! I now have three pumpkin desserts to make this fall: this cake, pumpkin gingersnap swirl pie/cake from Smitten Kitchen's book, and traditional pumpkin pie. Who needs a turkey for Thanksgiving, lets just have pumpkin treats!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts