Alone what?

There was a time, not that long ago, that I knew what to do with alone time. I would journal, ponder, explore the natural world, and gain some kind of wisdom, insight or depth from this time.

This weekend lead us to a beautiful cabin on Puget sound with several close friends. I was a wonderful time. Sean and friends headed to a farmers market for several hours and I stayed back, wanting to relish the water, breathe in the air, and lounge ALONE. I journaled, sitting in my underwear in the sun. I bathed. I rested. I walked along the beach for a long time. I sat at the beach. And then I didn't know what to do.

It was wonderful delightful and kind of confusing alone time. Ironically, working in ministry affords me some prayer time during work while staying home with Junia doesn't have that in the same way; and in truth, it's not like I spend that much time at work praying. So I am sensing a need the find, develop, articulate way to bring prayer, meditation, and reflection into the ordinary wonderfulness of babies, dogs, groceries and bills.

Comments

Popular Posts