Goodbye.

I'm at my old office cleaning up things, grabbing a rocking chair (thanks P), all my books, my personal files, all the pictures of Junia that have been collected here, and other such stuff. It's strange, I feel like "Mrs. last name 1 O'Last name 2" is over. I was shocked when I had to introduce myself as Mrs. and am glad to leave it behind, but it's strange to say goodbye to a bit of what has become part of my identity.

This has been a place of hospitality for me, for transition into marriage and transition into parenthood. This has been a place of amazing friends, tremendous growth, and unprecidented trust. It has been a place I have worked my tail off, been desperately tired, and laughed deeply.

I go forth with ambivalence, excitement, anxiety, and hope.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts